Blog posts, articles, books, and other resources that founders should review regarding key issues that arise when hiring employees and contractors, as well as trying to compensate them with equity.
- SmartRecruiters – 10 Rules for Startup Employment Law
- David Weekly – An introduction to Stock & Options
- Dave Naffziger – Startup Stock Options: ISOs v. NSOs
- SHL – Fatal errors in Early Startup Hiring
- Elaine Wherry – The recruiter honeypot
- SHL – Early Hires: Options or Stock?
- Brad Feld – How many stock options should I give an advisor?
- Brad Feld – Compensation for Board Members
- AngelList – Startup Equity & Compensation Tool
- Yokum Taku – Should a company allow early exercise of stock options?
- OnStartups – How should a startup founder/CEO pay herself?
- VentureBeat – Five Compensation-Related Mistakes Startups Should Avoid
- SHL – Early Startup Employee Compensation
- SHL – Founder Compensation: Cash, Equity, Liquidity